Have you ever read an article about how easy it is to apply liquid foundation and blend to an even layer with your fingertips? Ever tried it and immediately felt like a dunce because it totally didn’t work?
Yeah, me neither.
Okay, not really. I’ve been trying for a while to perfect the “blend, blend, blend” foundation technique, with little success except with tinted moisturizer. (But that’s another post.) Which is why I was pleasantly shocked at how well this foundation brush worked!
I didn’t even read any directions on how to use it, I just copied what I saw a makeup artist do on set a few weeks ago:
- Wet the brush with a little water, and wipe the excess on a cotton pad
- Put a couple squirts of foundation on that same cotton pad
- Work the foundation into the brush by swiping the brush back and forth over the makeup on the pad
- “Sweep” the foundation onto your “freshly cleansed, moisturized and primed face” (again, all other posts) which is a fancy way of saying, just wipe the stuff on your face willy-nilly and blend where you think you need it.
- Make sure to give extra love to your jawline and neck, that’s where your normal, lovely skin will give your makeup away.
- Clean the brush immediately with brush cleaner or (if you’re me) baby shampoo. Honestly, this part is what took the longest.
The result: clean, even application of foundation that looked like a pro had done it, and all done in about 30 seconds!! My camera is fighting me and so I’ll have to post before-and-after photos later.
But yes, that was definitely one of the best $10 I ever spent. No more pulling and dabbing at my face with my fingers with only half of my face getting covered properly. No more patchy weirdness, and uneven coverage. I might even start wearing foundation on a regular basis now! (Maybe. Jury’s still out on that one.)